Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Hunger

This is an effort to create a new post, and I'll not end it there. I have something very important to say and though I admit I won't indicate exactly what it is, you can rest assured that I know what it is and have almost every intention of keeping it to myself. You need no consolation, and I know that's a difficult pill to swallow, so this is what I have devised to reduce the swelling: if you intend to be overly ambitious for, say, twenty-minutes or so, and you ultimately decide to read my mind, then you will know exactly what I am thinking. But you must realize that thinking is not, well, nevermind.
I bought a newspaper yesterday for fifty cents and I spent approximately three minutes overlooking the funny page and nearly three minutes browsing through the rest of it, which entails that I spent about eight cents a minute to be entertained.
I went drinking in Fredonia last Saturday from about six till two o'clock, and I spent about twenty dollars through approximately eight hours of entertainment, which entails that I spent about four cents a minute to be entertained. That is half the cost of buying a newspaper for every six minutes of entertainment.
The immoral of the story is that I prolonged my aching hunger for another five minutes, simply for entertainment purposes.
I'm going out to eat for cheap now, and I'll be going alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home