Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Futureless Shellfish

It is interesting to note that the future does not exist. The future does not exist. Interesting. Interesting how something that does not exist can so thoroughly influence how we act and who we are. The future, probably not worth a damn, even if it exists. Talking scary, probably not worth a damn. Declarations, probably not worth a damn.
I don't know what it means to be worth a damn, but normally it means that something is worthless. It would be a mistake to think my writing is worthless, and it would be a mistake to think the future is worthless, and all those other things that I said were not worth a damn. Why say these things? The answer lies in shellfish. Shrimp is my favorite food in the whole world, I think, maybe not. But I love shrimp. However, my body rejects shrimp, and tells me not to eat shrimp. I usually listen to that advice. There are other shellfish that I like. Lobster, crawfish, crab, yummy. Ummm. I sure could go for some right now. It is getting close to lunch time, but yesterday I spent this week's allowance for restaurants by getting the king kong triple freaking whopper with cheese. Awesome burger. Awesome. I love burgers. Burgers may be better than shellfish. Why, yes they are better. What can a shrimp do that a burger can't? How about empty your wallet?
This post is going nowhere. Let me kick it up a notch. I'll be writing down, though. I'm not quite sure how I could continue this at the top of the page, which might even be a few notches, and I only promised one, so in the spirit of up, lets go down. Ciao!
This is great. I saw myself walking up the street the other day and as I was walking through the streets of Jamestown I encountered several different people. The first one I met was a criminal of various sorts that I shan't express for fear of the castigation of my dear new friend from the pious folk. He was in good spirits and he passed them along to me. Or was it the other way around? Anyways, we talked for a little bit and then he got word from his girlfriend that it was time to eat, and what a meal! I could smell it from the street and my mouth watered, as it is now just thinking about it. Jolly good interview for the short time it lasted, and I continued until I met a hobo of some sort. He asked me for some change and I gave him the loose change I had in my coat pocket, and he was very nice and he walked on, as did I. Then I met a body-builder with a bad attitude it seemed, and he was carrying a gun, so I felt guilty and went a different direction. That must have been a mistake because the body-builder saw it as an offense, though I secretly knew no offense was given on my part. We had a long talk and we got to know each other pretty well after such a long encounter and so what was, and could have been still, traumatic, ended pleasantly. I think it did anyways. I still walked away guilty and shaken and I pursued family but sometimes depressants aren't the answer to problems, so I took a few drinks in at a local bar to bench the chilly weather. Unfortunately, I did not want to leave the tip that I left, and so the guilt did not subside after drinks. Of course, I had the option to forget, but I passed. My body was getting old and wore out from friends. I walked along still further and began to steer back toward the beginning, but I soon found my trail covered in snow, and I became lost. After a long time looking into a fictional future I closed my eyes back into my brain and opened them only to find the body-builder staring at me in wonder and contempt. I know he wanted to kill me, and this weakened me considerably, and I got dizzy, though I am unable to ever faint. I powered through the weakness somehow and mustered up enough strength to keep walking. And I walked along with the shock that finally made me forget where I was going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home