Friday, December 16, 2005

Tuna Laguna

Yes, with a capital P, the P word has come to town and'll stay, probably forever. Pain, the only lasting relationship people can have with anything. Pain, purportedly temporary, but always amongst us, whether hidden or in plain sight. If you think you're okay, you're dreaming. Pain is somewhere inside. It's always inside, and you're probably too insenstive to pick it up.
What almost nobody is too insensitive to pick up is the pain of facts. So lets pick up the fact of the day. Today's fact is brought to you by the state highway authority, who know just as well as we do the painful truth that the best way to make the roads dangerous is to make them slushy and the best way to make them slushy is to dump truckload upon truckload of water and salt onto a road that was merely snow and ice before. Snow and ice can be dangerous, if you have bald tires. Slush can be dangerous too, if you have tires. And if you have tires then they're round, which is most unfortunate. Bumble bee tuna. Bumble bee tuna and chicken of the sea I'd like to be happy and free, like lacey laguna underwear, my tuna. Imagine, tuna in laguna on a bumpy road, stopping and sliding into the dell with a blankey of cotton, calm breeze and clouds, threatening rain. Chicken of the sea, so happy to be wild and free. It's all in the tuna. Who'd a laguna?
I don't like to brag, but, I can feel the pain, right now. It's inside and it's reeling and spinning like laughter. Reeling and spinning. What can I destroy?

Incapability. There's a painful reality. We're all incapable. Oh, I hit something, woops. It wasn't supposed to be said that "we're all". Now it seems to strengthen and enervate, the notion that we're all. Just because I'm incapable of something doesn't mean I shouldn't do it, especially when I want to so badly, and since everybody else does, and fails, or will probably fail, I say to myself, why not? Why not me? I know I'm incapable, and I know I don't deserve it even if I do succeed, but what the hell, I gotta do something. Just think of the Boston Red Sox beating the Yankees four in a row last year after going into a three nothing hole and then winning the world series in four games. Wow. Who'd a thought? Incapable. Undeserved. Why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home